Thursday, December 1, 2011

I hate Mastodon

and evidently, I'm not alone... here's a few gems from around the 'net:


"...My roomate swears by this band. I find it boring as hell and overated." 

"People like to make it like they're on some shit you just don't get. In actuality they're just a lackluster band with a ton of hype."

"...Mastodon are shit because they are actually shit. They play a tiresome blend of groove rock, and have spawned many crappy imitators such as Kylesa, Minsk and Baroness. Granted, it may be different to what we like, but the reason we say Mastodon ... is mediocre isn't because of some Neanderthal attitude towards music outside our own, it's because Mastodon are just plain rubbish. And we are able to pass that judgement because we listened to them with an open mind."


"I'm going to kick the next person I see wearing a Mastodon shirt in the balls so hard their feet are going to leave the ground."


"... I just don't get why this band is so liked, it baffles me to the point of losing sleep."

*******************************************

I tried to like em... I really did. I listened with an open mind and it felt boring and unoriginal - not like they're copying anybody specific, but trying too hard to be "innovative" and "prog", when it's just plain mediocre.  People who KNOW music and have my respect dig em, so I gave em a shot... multiple shots, in fact.  But all I got was *yawn*

No comments: