Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I hate to say I told you so, but... (Metallica/Lou Reed)

My hate for pretty much anything Meh-tallica has done for the last 15 years is well-known, and when the wet fart that is the recently released collaboration with Lou Reed entitled "Lulu" seeped out of the collective sphincters of said "artists", well, as I am known to do, I called a spade a spade.

Proving am NOT the bitter old bastard I might seem to be(well, 'proof' is a strong word... how about 'possibly suggesting'? LOL), here are a few of the comments from around the 'net regarding this meeting of the musically feeble-minded:


"here's my review........crap I ran out of toilet paper!!"



"...everyone is pissed off at Lou Reed for assuming he could co-opt metal into his arty fart hipster world. Metal fans frown upon that sort of thing. The fact that Metallica sucked on it wasn't a surprise either. And in that, we're kind of pissed off and embarrassed at ourselves every time they release an album for the futile fleeting hope that they might come up with something good again after all these years.


 "... this album make a good laxative cause every time I hear it I have to take a shit."


"...There's a new Megadeth record coming out and that will be infinitely better then anything Metallica will put out for the next 10 years."


"If the album isn't meant as a goof it's easily one of the dumbest things ever. These days Metallica sounds exactly like what they are: a lazy stadium-rock band going through the motions. Lou Reed sounds exactly like what he is too: an old, overrated, pretentious dick with an eternal chip on his shoulder.


"Shit sandwich."  (direct and to-the-point... I like that!) 

No comments: