Thursday, February 10, 2011

Epiphone Faded G400 - one of the best deals on the market

mahogany 24 3/4"(standard Gibson scale) set-neck, mahogany body, alnico pickups, block inlays, '62 small-style SG pickguard, 2 volume/2 tone, 'vintage' faded finish... US street price $299.99 - are you kidding me? NOPE.

satin 'worn' brown finish - my favorite!

satin 'worn' cherry finish. CORRECTION: the Faded G400 series do NOT feature a bound neck, as shown in the cherry model pictured above.  They used to though... not sure why they discontinued that feature. *shrug*

Believe me... the pictures do not do them justice. Hey Epiphone - hire a better photographer!

Man, back in the day when I first started playing guitar(mid-1980s), a $300 guitar would've been total crap... not anymore.  Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread?  No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that this guitar will suit you fine for home, gigs, or recording, despite what some people might think... those who pay waaaaaay more attention than is warranted to the name on the headstock or what their buddies or some nameless asshole on an online guitar forum might think(I don't think half those dimwits even play guitar).  Think for yourselves, people!  Try it, play it, use your ears...

More value for your money?  In this day and age?!  My how things have changed - for the better for once!

http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIG400V
(I have no connection with zZounds - I'm just a very satisfied shopper there)

No comments: