Saturday, June 26, 2010

POD X3 - building a killer guitar tone from scratch

watch step-by-step how to build a killer guitar tone from scratch with the Line 6 POD X3. See just how simple it is, and also see how many options you have, should you so choose - quick and easy or ultra-detailed, it's YOUR choice!

signal chain = guitar > POD X3 > USB port, using Line 6 Gearbox software. The process is exactly the same just using the hardware itself... but that wouldn't make a nice-looking video, now would it?  LOL

**I purposely go kinda slow so you can see what is going on... and for those haters who say "I don't like to fight for my tone", as if this is somehow difficult or confusing to use - you're full of crap. These are the EXACT same steps you'd go thru using plain old tube amps, pedals and microphones.  "But I just wanna plug-n-play" cry the whiners... okay, choose an amp, plug in your guitar and play - simple as that.



and now the really persistent crabapples will think I am "anti-tube amp" simply because I own a POD X3(news flash: you'll find some flavor of POD in nearly every recording studio in the world) or something else as utterly ridiculous... listen real closely at this next part:

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU PLAY THRU - it's your choice, as long as YOU like it, it's all good.  And the same goes for me.  You also DON'T have to choose one or the other *gasp* who woulda thunk it?!  Seriously, you people shouldn't spend so much time on internet guitar forums...  *yawn*

No comments: